Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kids really do pay attention


So, I haven't blogged in forever, and I don't have any new or exciting news, but I will say my kids are so smart. Samuel and Lola have both surprised me today and I thought it worth blogging about. Such is the life of a stay-at-home mom, my exciting news always deals with the kids :)

Anyway, when you are least expecting it you find out that your children really are listening and paying attention to what you say and do. We started reading this book with them about a family having a new baby. In the book it talks about everyone loving a baby and sometimes you might feel lonely. Well, today my smart little boy was looking at this book while sitting on the potty and he comes to the picture of the little boy "feeling lonely." He says lonely while using the sign for lonely also. Yet that's not the best part. Samuel then proceeds to use the word lonely in context at my mom and dad's house. We are all sitting in the kitchen and the dog is in the living room. He goes towards the living room and says, "Fuff, lonely." Too cute!

Then there's Lola. On our way home tonight in the car I sneeze. Then I hear Lola behind be saying something that I can't quite catch the meaning of. Then it hits me, she's saying "sanatate," which is what you say in Romanian when someone sneezes. Very smart, Hey?

Well, hope you are all impressed because I sure was.

3 comments:

Christina said...

That's awesome! Thanks for the pics - they were great. How's the pregnancy going?

Hubs said...

Wow, I don't even know the sign for lonely.

How do you get that paint off his hands. It dyes our stuff forever.

Amanda

Scott and Emily's Blog said...

Hey, christina...pregnancy going well, but still feeling pretty yucky especially at night. Had our first ultrasound though and that was neat!
Amanda, this paint is so funny because it says "no Mess" perfect for toddlers. Well, needless to say it's still messy, but actually came off pretty easily with soap and water :) good thing.