Thursday, October 23, 2008

Winnie the Pooh or Winnie the Poo?


Winnie the Pooh...how funny can a yellow, honey eating bear be? Well, the other day Samuel and Brennan and I were sitting in the living room waiting for Lola's bus to come and Samuel was talking to Brennan and showing him a baby rattle. Then he asked, pointing to Brennan's bib, "What's that?" On Brennan's bib was Winnie the Pooh. Our kids aren't exposed to many cartoon or t.v. characters; so Samuel wanted to know who this was on Brennan's bib. I told him that it was Winnie the Pooh. He looked at me with a half cocked smile, like you're joking right. Then he said, "Ursul (bear) has to go poo, poo?" It then occurred to me that we often refer to going poop as poo poo or caca. He thought the bear had to go poo poo. I just laughed and told him that was the bear's name, "Winnie the Pooh Bear." Too cute...he makes me laugh. He really has a good sense of humor and imagination. It made me think that I need to write some of this down before I forget it all.

Some other things I don't want to forget about Samuel are:

-he loves to play on the couch...i mean this can entertain him for hours. He makes mountains out of the cushions. He pretends that it is a train, semi-truck, fire engine, or a boat. He also makes bridges out of the cushions. He loves to use his imagination and gets pretty upset when it's time to put all the cushions back on and turn it into a couch again.


-being naked...if he could be naked all day long he would. He says he's "nakey" and just runs around free as a bird. The other day he was riding this toy horse (the kind that's just a stick with a horse's head) completely naked. Scott and I just laughed so hard seeing his little naked butt galloping around the house.


-he is "bebelusul mamei" (mamma's baby). If you call him a big boy, he will correct you and say no I'm bebelusul mamei. or if Scott says he is bebelusul tatei he will say, "no I'm bebelusul mamei."


-he often says this or that toy or stuffed animal has to go to the potty. He will then take the respective toy to the bathroom and pretend that it is going potty.


-if he does something wrong or accidentally hurts someone or something he will say in the sweetest voice, "sorry." He even told his little doll Sophia sorry and kissed her because he fell on her and bumped her nose.
-he loves fire engines. he is going to be a firefighter for Halloween and he wears the outfit around the house all the time. He had so much fun when I took him to the fire station (I'll post some pictures later). All he talks about is "Sparky the fire dog." Scott and I caught him trying to put a piece of paper down the cold air return (we had already talked to him and Lola both about this because Scott found some items of interest when he cleaned out the furnace to get it started) and told him that Sparky the fire dog wouldn't want him to do this. Oh, my goodness...he started crying so hard (like he was sad to disappoint Sparky). We felt bad for telling him that...it took us a while to calm him down.


These are only a few of the most recent things he has been doing that I don't want to forget. I'm sure there are more and the sad thing is I've probably already forgotten them. I feel sometimes so torn in many directions. I want to be there for Samuel, Brennan, and Lola but I can't give my 100% attention all the time to each one. I sometimes feel guilty because I know it must be hard for Samuel. I feel like I am always holding or nursing Brennan and can't play as much as I used to. Then I feel guilty because I don't feel as if I spend as much time playing and interacting with Brennan as much as I did with Samuel when he was newborn. Ofi, I guess I just need to let it go and do the best I can everyday.


No comments: