Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Days

It has been a long time since I've posted anything, but we are keeping busy. We went camping a couple months back and the kids had a great time even though it started to rain and storm really bad. I don't think Scott and I slept even a wink, but the kids slept through the rain, thunder, wind, and lighting. The next morning it was STILL raining and it didn't look like it was going to let up. SO, we packed the kids up and left. Scott went back later to get the tent and things.

The following weekend we went to Nana Carries and had fun at this fountain in the city then at the beach. Lola and Samuel loved the water at both places and had so much fun. Unfortunately, that night Samuel was running a 102 temp and had diarrhea. He seemed better after a couple of days.

Just this last Sunday, we celebrated Lola's birthday...it was a great time. Family came and we had hot dogs and cake. I think Lola was really blessed by our two families who came and treated her just like she was one of our own! This never ceases to amaze me because we don't know how long she will be with us, but our families treat her with same love as all the other grandkids.

Now, we are getting ready to celebrate Samuel's birthday. It looks like the party will be the beginning of August since the baby is going to be delivered either the 22 or 25. At least this is what the doc says. We will see...we have a final ultrasound in 2 weeks, which will give the doctor a better idea.

Sorry, for the boring blog update, but maybe the pics will make up for my lack of inspiration :)

Here is a picture of Samuel relaxing in his "tent" that his tati made for him. He was so excited about camping and sleeping in a tent that Scott made this one for him and Lola.

Samuel and Lola both helped Poppy and Mema bottle feed his new baby deer. Samuel thought it was pretty neat, but ultimately wanted out to see the tractors again. He loves tractors. Lola didn't care too much for the whole experience :)


I love this picture of Samuel and Great Grandpa Bill. Grandpa is showing him tractors in a magazine. Samuel loves Grandpa Bill.


Fun in the pool! Samuel is a water baby; it doesn't matter...hose, puddle, watering can, pool, bathtub, rain, or shower...he loves it. Lola loves it as long as you don't spray her with the water especially near the face. They have been to the "big" pool twice now with me and my niece Erin and have had a lot of fun.




I had to post this picture because I was absolutely amazed at how beautiful my "maci" poppies were this year. Scott planted these poppies for me because I love them and they remind me of Romania. It is interesting to see these huge paper thin petals bloom from this tiny little shell.

Here is a picture that does not do justice to how nice and well kept Scott's garden is. He and Carrie spent a lot of time weeding and then putting wood chips over it all. He has had several comments even from neighbors as to how nice it looks. We have already eaten broccoli, salad, dill, oregano, basil, onions, raspberries (actually Samuel has eaten most of those :) and garlic from it this summer. My personal favorite has been the dill; I add to everything and it's really good on hot dogs (who knew).


Here's our big boy again in the "apa"...this time in his birthday suit!

Here is a picture of Samuel in Chicago...Carrie took us to this park downtown and there was this big silver blob thing. The kids loved it...well us adults thought it was pretty "cool" also.



Here is Samuel having a blast in the "fountain." The kids loved this place...they didn't want to leave, but we wanted them to have a taste of what the beach is like.

For all of you who are curious as to how the belly is growing, here is a belly shot at the beach. Not a very good one, but you get the idea.

Scott dug a hole in the sand and Samuel and Lola had fun just standing in it and playing with the sand.

5 comments:

John Davidson said...

Love the update!

Christina said...

Finally a post! I can't believe how big Samuel is. And, I can't believe how pregnant you are! Is everything going well? I can't believe you'll be delivering so soon. Let me know when the party is. I'd love to try and make it if I can.

JenWitts said...

You and Scott never cease to amaze me, you keep so busy and always have great pics of your adventures! Thanks for posting a prego shot, you know that I would love to see you in person. Take care!

Hubs said...

Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see pics. of the new baby.

Hubs said...

I am sure you don't have a lot of extra time on your hands - why don't you have Scott update the blog ;)