Saturday, December 22, 2007

Adoption

Hello Everyone,

As most of you know adoption has been on our hearts for a long time. For those of you who know me, I have wanted to adopt since I was little. Then living in Romania for 3 1/2 years working with orphans there, made me realize the importance of adoption. I always knew there were children out there in the world who needed parents, but seeing their faces, getting to know their personalities, feeling their small hands clasped in mine, hearing them call me "mama," really made me realize what James meant when he wrote that pure and undefiled religion is taking care of orphans and widows in their distress. I knew that I not only wanted to adopt, but that I needed to adopt.
When Scott and I got married we talked about both of our desires to adopt. We have been married 4 years and have a 15 month old son and 2 1/2 year old foster daughter, but we really feel it is time to adopt. I guess I'm writing this because it's really on my heart and I just keep thinking about who our future child is that we will adopt. Please read some of the sites that I have posted about orphans in Ethiopia. Also, go to the Hubartt Family Blog and read Amanda's post about her recent thoughts about adoption. I think it will help you understand where we are coming from also. Amanda and Nate have two daughters and one of them is adopted.
Thanks...Oh and Merry Christmas!

No comments: